REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CONSULTING SERVICES
Institution: Inter-American Development Bank
Project: BUSINESS CLIMATE AND INNOVATION PROGRAM (SUBCIP)
Sector: Private Sector
Abstract: Quantify, analyze and elaborate on the ICT and creative industries in Suriname, carry out relevant econometric analysis, compare relative aggregate economic contribution of the ICT and creative industries with other industry sectors in Suriname and with major trade countries, propose policy, strategy and institutional interventions for encouraging growth and development of cross media in Suriname and draft a implementation plan for the development of cross media in Suriname.
Procurement method: Quality Cost Based Selection (QCBS)
Loan number: 3402/OC-SU
Reference No. SUBCIP 040: ECONOMETRIC ANALYSIS ON PRODUCTIVITY: ICT AND CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
Deadline: October 31st, 2016.
The Ministry of Trade and Industry has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) toward the cost of the Business Climate and Innovation Program (SUBCIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the following:
- Quantify the economic contribution of ICT and creative industries in Suriname by analyzing and estimating their value added to GDP, share of national employment and revenue generated from foreign trade;
- Analyze and elaborate on the ICT and creative industries in Suriname, their national market structure, value chain, demand and supply patterns, labor market, policy framework, support from public and civil sector including the role of collective management organizations and other copyright-related organizations, financing mechanisms, implications of the digital environment, among others;
- Compare relative aggregate economic contribution of the ICT and creative industries with other industry sectors in Suriname and with major trade partners (countries) that have used the cross media monitor in assessing the economic contribution of ICT and creative industries in their economy;
- Carry out the relevant econometric analysis on the productivity of the sectors;
- Propose policy, strategy and institutional interventions for encouraging the growth and development of cross media in Suriname;
- Draft an implementation plan for the development of cross media in Suriname;
- Prepare a report on productivity of the ICT and Creative Industries in Suriname.
The duration of the assignment is expected to last no more than six months.
The Business Climate and Innovation Program through the Ministry of Trade and Industry now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Firms should provide specific information which demonstrates that they are fully qualified to perform/provide the services. The Expression of Interest (EOI), does not have a specific format or template, but should include (i) a letter of interest from the firm to participate in the assignment, (ii) profile of the firm (including evidence of the requisite expertise and skills), and (iii) list of similar assignments with relevant samples of work done within the last 5 years.
Short lists shall comprise six firms with a wide geographic spread, with no more than two firms from any one country.
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Inter-American Development Bank: Policies for the Selection and Contracting of Consultants financed by the Inter-American Development Bank GN-2350-9 and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the policies.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. For the purpose of establishing the short list, the nationality of a firm is that of the country in which it is legally incorporated or constituted and in the case of Joint Venture, the nationality of the firm appointed to represent it.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS method set out in the Consultant Policies.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8.00 AM- 16.00 PM.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by e-mail) by October 21st 2016 at 14.00 PM local time.
Department: Competiveness Unit Suriname – SUBCIP
Room number: 317
Attn: Ms. Cheryl Daal (Procurement Officer)
Address: Havenlaan #1
Tel: (597)402080 extension 1015